neděle 14. května 2017

14.5.

My love, Philip Roth.

"It's very cozy with you on a snowy day. Lying just like this and all the snow going round the trees - quite wonderful."

"Why aren't you happy with your wife? Why isn't it enough?"
"Why isn't your husband enough?"
"I told you a great deal about him. I want to hear about you. I've told you plenty about myself. I want to know why she isn't enough."
"You're asking the wrong question."
"What's the right question?"
"I don't know."
"Why am I here?"
"Because I followed temptation where it led me."

"It's all very harassing - endless demanding phone calls, stupid domestic chores, and boring people who give you a hard time to work with if you just show them a single weakness."
"You look so fucking tired."
"I know. But what can I do?"
"I don't know, sweetheart. Run away."

"I've missed talking to you."
"And taking down what I say."
"Of course."
"But, you know... I've missed talking to you. I've missed talking to you so badly. I talk to you sometimes in my head."
"I talk to you too."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat